Thursday, October 6, 2011

HELP! Windshield Repair?

I just got my windshield %26quot;repaired%26quot; by some guys who tried to get me to replace it since the beginning. I asked them to do the repair first b/c I wanted to see what it would like look before I got a replacement.



It looks exactly the same! No change at all. I think they just want me to replace the windshield, but I would rather have it repaired correctly. The rock chip is about the size of a nickel...it's tiny and I just can't believe it would still be visible if they had done it right.



Can anyone recommend a company? Preferably from personal experience. I live in Charlotte, NC.



Thanks! :o)
HELP! Windshield Repair?
They may have fixed it. I had a small crack in mine and I had it repaired. It made some of the crack go away but most was there. They said sometimes the solution can't fill all the space of the damage but enough goes in to prevent it from spreading across the entire windshield. The ones I used guaranteed that it wouldn't spread. It hasn't in two years though the crack is pretty visible. It was still cheaper than a full replacement. When I get ready to sell the car I'll most likely replace it. Anyway, see if they offer a no spreading guarantee or if you just want it to be gone you'll most likely have to just replace it. If you google %26quot;windshield replacement%26quot; you'll find services that can do that who would be local to you.
HELP! Windshield Repair?
anytime they fix a rock chip it always looks horrible, you can still see the repair, been there done that a couple of times and always end up having them replace the windshield because the repair looks like crap, I have had a couple of differen't companies do the repair and it always looks bad no matter who does it.
  • myspace quotes
  • java
  •