Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hood latch broken right after mechanic work?

I was on a freeway about a mile away from the mechanic just done for oil change. suddenly the hood open and crush windshield. luckily I had not injury nor caused accident at all. the car was towed back the mechanic and he said the latch just got broken. my car is from 1995, he offered me to fix it without labor, so I get charged parts+tax+towing cost. is it reasonable offer?
Hood latch broken right after mechanic work?
He is responsible for your accident, he was the last one under the hood , he may have forgot to close the hood all together, not only is your hood latch broke but so are your hinges and windshield. I did the same thing and the hood popped open when I hit a bump and cost me a new set of hinges. good luck.
Hood latch broken right after mechanic work?
yes, that seems fair. but you should tell them they will be reported to the better business bureau if your car isn't checked before its returned to you in the future. this is something every mechanic should do before giving the customer the keys.