Thursday, October 6, 2011

Is it easy to take off and replace my jeep cherokee window?

ive got a crack down my windshield in the front of my jeep cherokee. its letting water in and i need to change it. i dont want to pay someone to do it and i can get a windshield pretty cheap. is it easy to take the window out and put another in?
Is it easy to take off and replace my jeep cherokee window?
look on you tube for videos.

i have replaced them before, so i can tell you, to watch out when taking one from a junk yard not to brake it. start at the bottom, and work your way towards the sides first. then do the top.

you can use either a small safety wire, or a small speedometer cable/bicycle cable, or even get the tool from harbour freight. they have the cheapest one that will do the job.

also, make sure you seal it when you put it on your jeep. i have one leak on me.

and you will need a helper.
Is it easy to take off and replace my jeep cherokee window?
I'd not really recommend you doing it yourself especially if you've not done one before bec there are safety issues and the windshield is vital in the vehicle.





Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way if you've got access to a cheap windshield why not call the glass ppl that come right to you and do it on the spot for a fairly good price , just call around.
it depends on what you find easy



its do able if u buy a windshield tool kit at wal-mart or autozone and then get the windshield



ive done it on my gfs 1999 dodge ram 3500
Are you sure? I had mine replaced in my 98 cherokee and it cost $110 and 30 minutes with me watching them do it.



You might want to come visit us at www.xjtalk.com